Friday, October 19, 2007


I came across some trivia today that surprised me.. in light of the fact that I have spent numerous hours building fence and trekking up and down small mountains with tools and wire. A person can burn 450 calories in an hour of fence building.. so why am I still so chubby?? Add to that-- 4 calories burned each minute of grooming and saddling a horse, 8 calories a minute riding at a trot.... add up my day and I should be a mere shadow. It might be that large bowl of ice cream I eat every night... and the snacks I bring along in the woods for nourishment. What a disappointment--


My favorite little pony stud-- OYY Finnegan - (one of my favorites anyway) went out for a drive on the road-- what a great little horse. I am so anxious to see his foals- it will be a wait, but worth it. This is my trainer Lisa driving-- I am always behind the camera.




Just about all the horses are home from pasture. We moved a few girls around. I like to move the horses form time to time.. mix them up, confuses them for a bit- and they don't get so reliant on the same pasture mates or the same area all the time.




All the foals are weaned-- my lovely Ceda was the last foal of the season and she is in the youngster pasture making friends with the other weanlings. She's such a perfect little filly !! She will grow up and be bred to Finn. What an awesome little pony that will be.
Enjoy the day~




No comments: