Saturday, July 28, 2012

Catching Up after a long time



I have no excuses for not blogging in over a year !!  so I will not attempt to come up with any --

I tried planting one of my smaller areas this spring...  oats were the "nurse" crop - fescue free pasture mix along with that.


Soon after discing, harrowing, and sowing, we experienced quite a drought -- a few oat seedlings sprouted -  it made me think of this ~

One stalk of oat does not a hayfield make and 


One small pile of split wood does not a warm body bake.  



So ~  I can add that a blog is also not very interesting if I don't make the effort to post !!   Today is the beginning of some hopefully regular reports from the farm !

Tonight I tried a recipe for Queen Anne's Lace Jelly !! 


I love the plant... so the jelly sounded so intriguing I had to give it a try.


The result is a delicate sweet melt in your mouth jelly fit for the queen of fairies...





It's actually more of a light pink hue which I could not quite capture in the photo. 

  Blossoms in a beautiful hand turned maple bowl



A little left over - not enough to fill a jar... so toast for supper :)







If you'd like to try some for yourself -- e-mail me for the recipe..

For now -- Enjoy your day ~

No comments: