Monday, January 5, 2009

First ride of 2009 ~

Both Zoe and I were looking forward to our first ride of the New Year- although incredibly COLD and windy, we bundled up and saddled up .. no way were we chickening out after planning and waiting for January 1st. Our mounts of the day were our favorite team, Keri and Teasel.



Here's a photo of Keri sporting her protection charm fashioned by Michelle Ives who makes lovely jewelry, Chestnut Hill Designs. I won the charm for being the BEST 2008 RAC Promoter !! :) Love the charm and I love dressing up my horse :)





Both Keri and Teasel were in a great mood, ready to TROT ~ we went pretty far in a short time and did not even have to urge them to go. Unfortunately, I went to snap a few photo's of the snowy icy roadways and the batteries were dead... also I left my cozy riding mittens on top of my grooming tote. So chilly fingers and no pictures. There was just enough battery power to get this photo of a frosty muzzle on our return.


Fun ride.. next time we go out on a day as chilly as this one, we are thinking to try the toe warmers I've seen in the store.




OYY Niobe started her training just before the holidays and is now under saddle. She is a coming 4 year old out of our little Curly pony Biscuit and a Beautiful black registered ride/drive Morgan stud. Niobe is a quiet, sweet mare- around 13.1 hands with a smooth trot to die for. Can't wait to get her out and about. She is going to make a super little mount for anyone with her dependable steady nature.
Enjoy the day ~

No comments: