Thursday, October 1, 2009

Re-visiting the Grail on foot



well.. I was so excited to have seen the Falls.. I absolutely HAD to return on foot and get better photo's than I was able to on horseback. Wednesday, I got into the brook and hiked up, snapping photo's as I went. The retaining walls holding up the 'road' next to the brook are so impressive - and so much healthy moss ! Quite a beautiful place. I even took short video of each fall - as without the noise of the falling water- the photo is just not as powerful of an image :) There's Zoe and her youngest monkey up on the ledge.























Here's one of the bridges we were unable to cross. Most of the bridges are missing.














































Standing on the edge at the top looking down






















Wednesday was a no-school day (teacher's inservice day ) so it gave us a perfect excuse to hike.. could not ride with the kids home-- and after riding, I love exploring. Zoe and I walked in quite a way and found many areas that need further investigation on horseback. Our plan now is to be transported to the farm at the beginning of Wymans Falls Road-- saving us 2 1/2 - 3 hours of travel time which we can use to scout out more of the surrounding area and follow all those trails we saw on the maps. Can't wait !






Enjoy your day ~

No comments: