Saturday, January 23, 2010

Far Behind :)


Egads ! I am so far behind now, I am not sure where to begin !! :) For some reason, January is nearly over - the days are already becoming longer -- and I have not once posted here in 2010 !!











In this short 3 weeks of January, we've had arctic temperatures and high winds... not much for snow -- But riding conditions are terrible. Due to the unbelievable amounts of rain we received all of 2009 - the trails are still muddy and wet -- only it is all hidden under the snow. Springs are running like crazy still and the ground is not frozen yet. A week ago, I cut down a few birches that needed to go and I almost got my tractor stuck hitching up to them.


and speaking of hitching -- One cold snowy Saturday, Zoe and her two children and I hitched up OYY Nimue - our star driving pony for a sleigh ride. This is her first time puling a sleigh, which moves a bit differently than a cart - but she didn't notice. She was ready to move out and have fun.










Zoe and Rena took it slowly because Rena was feeling more cautious.










Dominic rode with me and we wanted to go fast... Nimue is such an accomodating mare :) slow, fast, cart, sleigh --- bells and deep snow. She takes it all in stride!







I just love this mare :)




Right now, we are in the midst of a bit of January thaw - and it is welcome for many reasons.. one of which- I am barely using any wood now in the stove- I love that !

I'll make a better effort to keep current here -- as you can imagine, I have enough photo's to fill many posts !!
enjoy ~

No comments: