Monday, July 16, 2007

early mornings



Early morning is my favorite time on the farm. As the sun starts to rise over the treeline, images appear that you don't get to see during the day. Here's the new indoor arena-- just built-- the horses that are shadowed are in the pasture across from the barn.


Yesterday, 2 hens, a tom and their new family came out for the first time this year.

I counted 28 babies. We also have moose in the area this year. You can always tell when moose have come through- as they take the fence with them.. dragging it into the woods or across the pasture for the length of the fence. We did see one day- 2 older moose and a calf grazing in the swamp.
A very short post today-- there's lots to do.. new photo's of horses in training and finish mowing a large field down the road. Somedays it seems I ride my tractor more than my horses. It's lucky I love my tractor as much as I love my horses !
Enjoy the day ~

No comments: