Sunday, September 28, 2008

Early Morning foggy workout


Since we have been schooling the 3 horses that are doing the show on the 4th of October, I decided to set up a kind of quasi-dressage arena in my big ring.










Here is Zoe and WR Winter Dancer - an early morning work out in the fog.


Dancer is a wonderful lesson horse for our therapeutic program, but she loves having the opportunity to get out and work like "big girl".


As I was headed down the driveway the other day, I was treated to something very special. I have 2 ponds on this side of the property plus the brook which runs through, and the blue heron likes to visit me.




He (she?) flew up out of the smaller pond and landed on the fence- sat there for quite awhile. When I walked a little closer to snap a photo, he flew down into the brook.

The Great Blue Heron makes for a
surprisingly good obstacle at times
when he flies up out of the brook or pond while we are riding by.







Zoe's Day Dream is coming along superbly.. she is better and better all the time and loves being in training. I am more than pleased with her progress... quick and pleasant. if we don't sell her before next year, she'll be at the shows for sure.
OYY Salvadore, my favorite little sporty pony stud, has graduated to going down the road and working in the big ring. He looks forward to his forays out and about- always cheerful and willing. He loves an adventure.
Enjoy your day ~

No comments: