Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend of Ghouls, Saints and time changes


I always have a difficult time wrapping my mind around a time change. I don't quite understand how just setting a clock can upset my day-- but it takes me time to adjust for whatever reason.. so I am often cranky on the time change day. What better way to cure the crabbies than a nice ride out ?

Keri had the stank face going on for the camera- so I held her ears up and cheerful :) Fortunately, she got over herself quickly.





Here's a Three Dog day as opposed to a Three Dog Night.. Always there, watching and waiting. The littlest fellow is off sniffing out some treasure.






heavy cloud cover.




trot down one of my favorite back roads- with the rushing brook along side us the whole way. Even on the hottest summer day- this spot is cool and shady.






The scenery is definitely representing typical mid-November hues.







Once we get in the woods on the trail, we find some glorious color still lingering.


Especially those beech trees I love so much !
















Keri releases her 'inner child' and finds a spot to play and splash.





As we trot along this trail, we spot so many turns offs -- we vow to return Monday for an in depth exploration. Today, there is no time to veer off the main route.


We come upon a little camp site- with this toilet set out in the open in the woods.. I would have wanted at least a small tarp for privacy. Or a big fat bush for screening. ????







Once out of the woods- we trot home on the highway, which is one of our objectives of the trip-- Reverie's first time out on the highway. She did not even notice.





Every year, this ghoulish fellow comes out to stand by the road for a few weeks.
This was a fun ride- although somewhat short and quick. It has inspired us to return though SOON-- probably on Monday for a longer expedition.
Enjoy ~

No comments: