Monday, November 12, 2007










Some of the people who come and purchase a Curly from Top O' The Hill Farm are truly "dream" buyers. One such person is Laurie from New Hampshire. She came and tried out OYY Pyewacket, a nice drafty mare who was born here at the farm out of Teena (my very much loved grade mare) and Dream Maker, a chestnut stallion who was also born here (out of one of our *star* mares, BG Dream Curl and Colonel's Reuben). Pyewacket was at first a "keeper".. and she foaled out 2 very nice fillies, both curly and well conformed. I realized Pyewacket was going to mature to be a larger horse than I like to ride- so I put her up for sale. I could not have asked for a better home for her. Laurie and Pye hit it off immediately.. and Laurie has e-mailed me over the course of her time with Pye-- she and Pye are true "soul-mates".. so Laurie reports. They ride out together alone safely or sometimes with friends. Laurie has done a super job coaching Pywacket to excel and mature in her skills. Quoting Laurie from her e-mail in which she sent this photo-- "we spend a lot of time discussing the events of the world on the ground as well as when I’m riding her." What a great team they make. By co-incidence, Laurie also purchased a maternal sister of Pyewacket's.. My Filly Delphia. Delphia is out of Teena also and Colonel's Pasqualie Kid. She is a smooth coated Curly mare born while I was vacationing in PA. When my daughter called me on my cell phone to say she was born , I was on the road very near Philadelphia-- hence the name. I had sold Delphia as a youngster, and she was subsequently sold to Laurie later in life. Laurie has e-mailed she loves Delphia-- but she and Pye have that something special. Laurie has done great things with Delphia. I am so happy these horses have found such a fabulous home.






Sunday, yesterday, my grand-son had his first ride on our special little Curly pony OYY Arcus. Arcus is a long 2 year old, beautiful silver bay out of a nice also silver bay grade pony (a super little riding pony) and Mead's Chocolate Chip. Arcus started driving when he was a yearling and took it up like he was born for it. This past summer, he drove some more and has gone out on the road some . What a great little guy-- sweet and willing. He's still too young for saddle training, but my grand-son is a little 4 year old peanut... not too much to bear on the back and joints. They make a cute pair !!


Arcus is getting his winter curls now.. in the summer he is sleek and a gorgeous dappled fellow. He will make a fantastic little show pony. Can't you just see him in a pony hunter class?
Enjoy the day ~

No comments: