Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Little girls love Ponies


Last night, my trainer, Lisa, brought her 3 daughters to ride two of the ponies we have under saddle, OYY Pal's Job and OYY Arcus. It was just like getting ready for a show-- bathing, grooming and cleaning up their tack. The girls had fun and the ponies LOVED the extra attention.

Job says - I could get used to this !!


Julie rode Job first and did a great job. A handsome duo ~






Emily is concentrating on getting everything into the "keepers" - neat and tidy. She is up next in the saddle with Arcus, 12.1 hand curly pony. Arcus is a super pony mount, brave and handsome. I even like to ride him sometimes !
In this photo from a few weeks ago, Arcus has red easy boots on-- how adorable is that ?






Before the boys went back out to their pasture, the youngest, Sarah had her chance to try a pony.








OYY Aztec, curly palomino pinto filly out of Ptesan-Wi and Cherokee Storm, had her first bath tonight also. My grand-son, Dominic, shows her off. She has excellent manners on the ground and is an amazingly SMART little girl. Now that she is all shed out, you can see she has unusual markings. On her body and legs, are palomino reddish freckles and she has beautiful greenish grey eyes. Very pretty filly. She will leave for her new home soon now that she is "trained".




OYY Salvadore was harnessed for some more long lining. He is really coming along beautifully. I love this guy !



Salvadore enjoying a little lovin' from the girls when he was done for the evening.
Today is raining (not surprising given the weather patterns of late), so I can't work outside much. I suppose it gives me time to catch up on the blog. I have been blog "tagged" by Adria of Green Mountain Curlies . I have to choose 2 other fellow bloggers to "tag" and also share 6 facts about myself--- hmmmnn... this needs some more thought.
Enjoy your day ~

No comments: