Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Yesterday was one of those wonderful snowy sunny days. It started out with snow and hail.. but the sky cleared and it was truly "frabjous" . My orchids are blooming again... very beautiful. I always feel rather special when the orchids choose to bloom since they are such an exotic flower-- and mine rarely take a break-- but in truth, orchids are an easy flowering plant to care for. In the center of each bloom is an angel. I mentioned on a previous post that even though we have snow.. we are still riding and working horses. OYY Wassee is ridden almost every day now, and he does not mind a little snow at all. Wassee has been sold, but he is being boarded here until spring.








And on Saturday, my daughter took OYY Yemaya out for a quick ride in the big ring... whenever I snap a photo of Zoe and Yemaya together, they are both always smiling. Yemaya is a joy to ride, as Zoe says-- what a difference to ride a well trained horse after a lot of young green horses.


Saturday, 78 round bales were delivered and stacked in the barnyard. They are plastic wrapped so they don't have to be under cover. Looks like a big pile of marshmallows.


I also had to replace one of my frost-free hydrants... so rather than struggle with frozen ground and digging-- I had an excavator come in... 3 scoops and the hole was open for the new hydrant to go in. How handy is that?? Makes me wish for such a machine for myself. Along with lessons with the therapeutic riding program from 8:00 to 2:00... it made for a very busy day. Sunday was the day for relaxing a bit and quiet !


The past few weeks, I had the inspiration to re-do my web site. This is a BIG project and on-going... as you know, change one thing on a page and the entire site has to be altered. I added some new photo's, made pages for some broodmares that were previously not on the list, updated information and checked and re-checked all my links. Check it out !!
www.vermontel.net/~top






My 4 year old grand-son again.. he is turning out to be quite the little horseman. Pictured with the very handsome OYY Hendrix. This photo was taken yesterday.



Off to start another new day-- Enjoy yours ~









No comments: