Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I heard from a friend that the area 7-11 store is having an impossible time keeping their homemade fudge brownies in stock-- record sales ! I am wondering, what does this say about the state of the universe at this particular moment..... Even the horses are eating ravenously but seemingly not satisfied. Are they dreaming as we are of green pastures and spring? Irritated and itchy with the feeling that spring is near... but not near enough. We can venture out and purchase fudge brownies-- what is their anti-dote?


As I mentioned in previous posts, our trail riding is in a hiatus due to deep snow and thick crust. We have taken to riding on the dirt roads, which actually hasn't been too bad. Yesterday, it was a gorgeous sunny day and my daughter and I headed out for a short ride. The roads were well sanded but still a thick coating of ice underneath, so it was a cautious ride...still a lot of potential for slipping and sliding. We did manage a nice slow jog for part of the outing, gave me time to concentrate on my posture and balance. It's always hard work to post to my horse's left diagonal, so I force myself to be sure and give twice the time to that side than the easy one. I wish I had brought my camera with me-- with the sun making everything so sparkly.



People are getting their sap lines and buckets up now.. perfect sugar weather-- very cold at night with nice deep sunshine during the day... although today looks to be dreary-- we are expecting a storm, which is supposed to last 2 days. So we'll try to get out early for another ride, who knows when the next opportunity will be?



I did spend some time with my camera and the new little fellows (Iko and Jockomo) yesterday afternoon. So much fun to watch them run and play tag. Iko was a tad lazy the first week but he is making up for it now... runs with all his heart. Now Jockomo is the lazy one.


















Enjoy your day ~

No comments: