Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve ride





Zoe and I have been wanting to go out for a night ride and get photo's of holiday displays. Finally, the brutal wind quit and we were able to saddle up on Christmas Eve for a deLIGHTful trot out.

It felt so great to be in my saddle after a very cranky week.







Teasel was Keri's night time riding partner -- they are the best team and compliment each other perfectly on our explorations and adventures. And tonight our quest is -- christmas cheer in the form of lights. Well.. **big sigh** They were hard to find this year .. but here's a few night photo's of what we did discover.

Back of the barn as we are preparing to leave.. Teasel took longer because his rider had to assist me in de-lighting and unplugging myself.



























































These night photo's are challenging !

For many of the photo's all I could get was this result ~




It was rather frustrating there weren't more decorations out - and also that is was so difficult to get photo's.. but we had an awesome ride and it surely improved my mood :)
































Back home...
Now - to load the woodstove and visit dreamland, and wait for Santa :)
Photo's were disappointing but the ride was refreshingly awesome... Merry Christmas all !
Enjoy ~

1 comment:

Laura said...

You have inspired me to ride at night. It looks so lovely. I love the photographs and it almost look like you had too much Christmas Cheer!

Love the photo riding comanche stlyle to.

laura
thistleridge.blogspot.com

or on twitter hunterjudge